- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2/3 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium)
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients; return bacon to pan. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake until desired consistency. Yield: 8 servings.